Fullerton y Central Ave
Desde Armitage a Diversey y desde Cicero a Austin , ese es el cuadrado delimitando el area de Belmont Cragin census ordenado por la ciudad de Chicago
Arriba el Mapa , Belmont Cragin delimita el Este con la Hermosa y al West con Mont claire al norte con Portage park y al sur con Austin
Belmont Cragin es un area popular y mayoritariamente latina , con una larga y fuerte poblacion procedente de Mexico.
El area ha sido mejorada en los últimos 10 años muchísimo debido aun proyecto en la calle principal Fullerton y ha sido impulsada por sus comercios y demas.
La venta de casas en Chicago , Belmont Cragin tubo su momento de esplendor más alto en 2006 cuando la venta media de casas se situo en los 225K con esta variante
Año 2006 media de precios en casas familiares de 150K a 400K
Año 2006 media de precios en casas multifamiliares de 200K a 500K
Pero los números han cambiado mucho con la actual recesión para llegar a ser estos datos en el siguiente 2009 '2010 debido al alto número de casas reposeidas
Año 2009 media de precios en casas familiares de 80K a 150K
Año 2009 media de precios en casas multifamiliares de 120K a 180K
La venta de casas en Chicago Belmont Cragin ha sufrido un fuerte recesión debido al alto desempleo y rotura del sistema bancario actual.
Aún este area la venta de casas sigue siendo una buena oportunidad debido a los bajos precios .
Colegios en Belmont Cragin (Elemental)
Belmont Cragin Elementary School is a new 106,000 sf educational facility located in Chicago. STL is the architect of record for the school, which is part of the Chicago Public School system and is being developed by the Public Building Commission of Chicago. The project site is owned by the Chicago Board of Education. The project is three stories and consists of (24) 900 sf classrooms, (6) 1,200 sf classrooms, science lab, computer classroom, music classroom, art classroom, two multipurpose classrooms, library, gym with stage, dining facility, and administrative and support areas. The capacity of the school is planned at 900 students.
From the inception of the project, the Chicago Public Schools and STL have recognized their responsibility to minimize any negative impact that its operations may have on the environment. Our intent for the new building was to create a leading example of environmentally responsible design.
Throughout Chicago’s history the Chicago Public Schools has provided educational facilities that have been designed to promote exceptional learning. It is within this tradition that Belmont Cragin Elementary School has been designed to provide an enduring, remarkable, and responsible environment for learning. For instance:
Students will learn in classrooms that have significant natural light and views to the outside, made possible through the inclusion of large, 8’ high by 10’ wide windows. Light will be further harnessed and controlled by sunshades and light shelves, minimizing the need for electric lighting.
Thermal comfort in classrooms is maximized through the use of displacement ventilation systems which provide improved air quality to students and teachers.
Materials including brick, structural glazed tile, and terrazzo were selected for their durability and sustainability over time. These and other interior finishes are designed to be easily cleaned without the use of harsh chemical products and require little maintenance.
Community Area 19, 8 miles NW of the Loop. Belmont Cragin is a community built on commerce and industry. The first business was a saloon opened by George Merrill sometime after 1835, when he settled with his family at the intersection of Armitage and Grand Avenues. Operating the saloon out of his home, Merrill catered to truck farmers carrying produce over the plank road to the city. The corner, named Whiskey Point, prompted many colorful and romanticized legends but attracted few permanent residents.
In 1862 Michael Moran established a hotel at Whiskey Point, but the area remained rural until 20 years later, when Cragin Brothers & Company moved their tin plate and sheet iron processing plant near Whiskey Point. The plant and warehouses covered 11 acres, and the Chicago, Milwaukee & St. Paul Railroad built a station at Leclaire Avenue to accommodate all the employees. Cragin also purchased a rivet company and moved machinery and workers from Connecticut to the location. Job opportunities and rail service brought settlers and a new-housing boom to the town, now named Cragin. Within the first two years the population rose to 200, and the community boasted a general store, two schoolhouses, and a Congregational church.
Railroads drew more factories and workers to the area, which was annexed into Chicago as part of Jefferson Township in 1889. The Belt Railway Company extended its service in 1883, and plants developed in the new neighborhoods of Hanson Park and Galewood. In the same year the Washburn and Moen Manufacturing Company launched a branch for its wire products, and the Western Brick and Tile Company found Galewood's superior clay soil conducive to business. By 1891 Westinghouse, Church, Kerr & Company Iron Works, the Pitts Agricultural Works Warehouse, and the Rice and Bullen Malting Company brought more people into Cragin.
In 1922 W. F. Hall Printing Company erected a plant on 17 acres adjacent to the Northwestern railroad line, which further spurred manufacturing development. Swedish, German, and Irish workers were among the earliest to move near these factories. By 1920 jobs drew Poles and Italians as well, and the population of the area more than quadrupled in the next decade. By 1930 the population escalated to 60,221, one-third foreign-born. Slower growth ensued. In the 1930s the community area became known as Belmont Cragin. Builders inundated the area to fill the housing needs of area workers. Bungalows, Cape Cods, and two-flats offered a range of housing type choices. Especially popular was the subdivided residential neighborhood on the eastern border named Belmont Park.
Shopping districts added to the commercial atmosphere. In the 1940s Belmont-Central was constructed with a dozen stores, a parking lot, and a children's playground. During the postwar years the Chicago Transit Authority extended its Belmont Street bus service beyond Central, transporting new patrons into the district. A 1981 addition of a nearby parking garage continued to contribute to business prosperity. In March 1976 the opening of the Brickyard Shopping Mall on the former site of the Carey Brickyard property at Narragansett and Diversey added new vitality to the community, drawing city shoppers away from suburban malls.
Belmont Cragin's overall population grew by more than 6 percent in the 1980s and 37 percent in the 1990s. The Hispanic population grew from 3,072 in 1980 to 16,846 in 1990. By the 2000 census the area was 65 percent Hispanic. Polish immigrants and businesses also came to the area during these years. A number of young middle-class professionals joined blue-collar laborers in the area. Residents formed an active coalition called the Northwest Neighborhood Federation to address increases in crime, gangs, and school overpopulation.
By 1995, Hall Printing and other plants hadclosed their doors. The area experienced a drop in manufacturing employment and a decline in retail activity during the 1980s. Concerns over unemployment and an increasing poverty level have led residents to organize a home reinvestment campaign and to study ways of reviving the commercial climate in the area.